Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Kelly"

So today we did a workout called "Kelly" 400meter run, 30 box jumps, 30 wall balls - sounds okay but then repeat that 5 times. It was what Chris - our trainer - called the "marathon workout" And boy did it feel like it since it was the workout that just didn't end. I think I finished around 27:34 minutes or something like that. I know that's nothing compared to the 4 hours or so that it will take to finish a marathon, but still - it was intense!

I also had the pleasure of working out in the Des Moines Crossfit box while I was there for a weather conference last week and weekend. It was a huge box!!! It looked like you could fit about 4 fire trucks in there! The trainers were great as well. They had a few big tractor tires in there that I guess they use sometimes in workouts to flip over using manpower - I'm a little scared about the idea of that - but there are some pretty intense and strong people out there that no doubt can handle that just fine.

Hope training's going great, nearly one month left now!
~JR

No comments:

Post a Comment