Monday, March 23, 2009

15 Mile Run

So Mondays are technically my "Saturdays" so I decided to go for a 10 mile run today... I went on the bike trail up North around the airport and was planning on cutting back through town. Well obviously with these insane winds... it was a rough go, so I called Cody Matz who was on the side of town I was running towards to see if he could drive me back to my place, he said yup, so I put my phone in my pocket. Well apparently I can't feel my phone vibrate in my pocket so I just kept running to his place and called him when I got there, needless to say: he had been calling me for the past half hour saying he had been called in to help Aaron with severe weather and was no longer at his apartment... so I had to continue on running until I caught up with another good friend who finally brought me home. So I figure that overall, I did about 15 miles of running - not going to lie, my knees are KILLING me - I sure hope we don't do squats at Crossfit tomorrow or I will probably fall over since my knees can barely even keep me standing upright as it is. I do feel better about the race now that I've got a 15 mile run under my belt, I just wish I would have been ready for it!

Happy Training!
~JR

No comments:

Post a Comment