Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wow, so today's race was crazy and fun! But the wind was HORRIBLE!!! We ran through Falls Park and as soon as we left the park, we headed South on the bike trail and HOLY COW did the wind just whip right through me! I think my legs just froze up or something, it felt like I hit a wall... had to tell myself to keep going. I was also feeling under the weather today - so with that and the wind along with the hills . . . my time was not where I wanted it to be at all.

Here are my stats from the race:
Finishing time: 25:40 - 3 mins slower than my last 5K I ran on my own - SAD!
Mile pace: 8:10 - this is a slower pace than I ran my first marathon, so I obviously need to step it up to get a better time in the Brookings marathon
Division Place: 9 out of 70
Gender Place: 18 out of 167
Overall Place: 86 out of 284

I feel better about the placement as far as runners go - but I really hope I can increase my pace and hold it for the 26.2 miles in May. This race somewhat makes me concerned about Crossfit - I think my breathing and cardio was fine during the run, but my legs and arms didn't respond as well to the race because I'm not running as much as I would have if I did a running only program, but we'll see. I think I'll just kick up my running on the days I don't go to Crossfit just to get my body used to the longer runs again - plus with the warmer temps, I can finally run outside, so that'll be great, I love running outside! It was a fun event though- Cody kicked some major butt - he was flying! And Krystle finished her first race ever - she was so nervous before the start - Cody and I had to calm her down. It was great to go to Monks afterwards too - a lot of runners enjoying the noon hour there!

Time to kick up the runs for me . . . hope training is going well!
~JR

No comments:

Post a Comment